Runescapehelp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This website is for all runescape players to socialize and discuss all runescape matters. No scamming allowed.

Name Sale Rules

Mogg75
    Mogg75
    Admin

Name Sale Rules Empty Name Sale Rules

Post  Mogg75 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Here are the forum-specific rules:

Don't post price checks here. Instead, post them in the Price Checks section.
    If you are selling more than 1 name, you must post them all in ONE thread.
    You don't need to post screenshots of your accounts for name sales.
    This is the name sales section. No name giveaways are allowed here.
    If someone prefers not to display their name on their selling thread, PM them if you want to know the name. Don't post on their thread telling them to PM you.

What can be classified as Rare?

1. Words – When I say words I mean root words/commonly used words. Majority of the rare names you will see are words that have an actual meaning. Also don’t look in the dictionary and find some phobia disease and say that the name is rare, because if it was it would have been taken already.

Examples: Black, Smoke, Steal, Remote, etc.

2. Two(2) Character Names – These are rare because you can’t make them anymore and there was very few to go around. The rarity of each 2 letter is varied by how common it is. For example ‘Hi’ would be considered an extremely rare name because basically everyone uses the word Hi. So if you got a word, abbreviation or a double letter then you’re a lucky bastard Razz

Examples: Lo, Pe, Tn, 8x, etc.

3.One(1) Characters – Can’t get rarer than this (unless you own Runescape or God as a name Razz). There is only 36 of these bad boys and they were all made before Aug. 2002. Not much to say about this. If you have one then you are simply godly, good luck with all your spam.

Examples: A, B, C, 1, 2, 3, etc.

4. Display names that fit categories 1, 2 and 3 - Display names are now the NEW and most IMPORTANT names. They are the names that people will see you with ingame. You could have the login name "God", but if someone takes the display name "God", guess what your named when you log in?, a beautiful set of numbers called [#233788718]. So no one gives a flying duck what your login names called.

The little blue and green figures are temporary and will be removed in a months time.

Even Jagex has emphasized this, by forcing users to use their emails to replace log-in names for new players. Simply put, Log-in names are OVER. Noone cares about those. Only display names count and whether or not you got them through account creation or your just lucky enough to snipe it. It is rare in both cases.
    Note: A rare name with BOTH the login and Display name may be worth more.

What's not Rare?

1. Three(3) Character Names – It’s going to be a very long time before these get rare. Ex of a 3 letter: H6L or Q9a. Don’t be fooled when someone says selling Rare Names and it’s a page of 3 letters. There are thousands of combinations for 3 letters. Only exceptions of a rare 3 letter are: words, abbreviations, and ones with a space between them ex: “X D” or triple pairs ex: “555”

2. Multiple Characters – Examples are: “iiiiiil tank iil” or “i1l1 Pure i1l1“ These names are pitiful and are just hard to look up or say.

3. Made Up Words – Example: “Pwnzilla” “Killzor” Can’t really blame you for making them because it’s hard getting a decent name on Runescape anymore. Just don’t go around saying they’re Rare.

4. Dictionary Words - Example: ”agoraphobia” “narcolepsy” Again, can’t blame you for making them, but it doesn’t mean you have a rare name just because it’s a word. I mean seriously majority of us who play are 11-18. What kind of nerd is going to know what phobia you have. I’d rather see I 0wn3d you 1L then one of these account names.

5. Past(ed), Present Tense (ing) and Plural Forms(s) – Examples: “Bewildered” “Checking” “Advisements” They are pretty tough to make but there is so many accounts like this around. I beg you guys don’t consider these types of accounts rare unless it’s a name like “owned”

6. Accounts With More Than One Word – Examples: “Gmaul Owns” “Fast Ddsing” “Own3d 0nce3” These kinds of names aren’t rare. They don’t even look rare so don't bother to say it is.

7. Any Account With Numbers In Them - Examples: “Coolkid224” “Owner353” Not rare at all. It has extra characters in it that aren't necessary or replacing vowels. It's only rare is if the name is repeated with the same number ie: 1111

8.Space Names – Examples: "Y---O---U, R----A--G--E, L------L"
    With the new Display name change that Jagex has implemented. these names are once again available. Considering this, why should they be classified as "rare" when there could be hundreds of thousands of these "space names. So you could put as many spaces as you want, and the name would be available.
    Note that Jagex looks down upon this and WILL change your name for you if you do get caught. You can still make them however.

Name Sale Rules Empty wow

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm

r u serious i was helping ur site gathering and was gonna donate 20$ to the site and you go and scamm me 2m u serious

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 pm